[Marxism] World proletarianisation/Help Mr. Jurrian.

michael michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Fri Mar 26 18:30:05 MST 2004

I debated Borlaug at Santa Barbara about 30 years ago -- I am fuzzy on the date,
but he had received his Nobel prize recently.  He could not attend in person
because of some problem, so he participated by phone.

Neither of us were impressed with the other.  I had been thinking more about the
Green Revolution in India at the time, but I was under the impression that the
GR in Mexico was closely associated with scarce water being given to richer
landowners.

Anyway, I gave my critique of the GR in Farming for Profit in a Hungry World.

--

Michael Perelman
Economics Department
michael at ecst.csuchico.edu