[Marxism] Another classroom exercise

Craven, Jim JCraven at clark.edu
Sun Mar 28 14:34:27 MST 2004

It's too bad that it's necessary to go to such extremes in order to
break students of the habits they learn from teachers who punish
critical and independent thinking. I can't say that law school grading
(based wholly on 3-hour final exams consisting mainly of hypothetical
fact situations and possible legal claims arising from them) promotes
anything resembling critical thinking about the actual purpose served by
the legal system whose doctrines we diligently swallow.

Stuart