[Marxism] Re: The Militant and Who Cares?

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Tue Mar 30 13:56:34 MST 2004

David mistook my comments about the 1974 SWP purge of the IT.  He
objects to my statement that the purge eliminated most of the "veterans"
in the party, because he misunderstand me to mean the old-time party
members.  I didn't.  I was responding to a previous post discussing the
party's connections among trade unionists and veterans of the military.
I was using "veterans" in that sense...uh, the way non-party people use
the term.

And the statement was absolutely accurate.

The question of party old-timers in another matter entirely, but they
were neither that thick on the ground nor were most of them loyalists to
the Barnes management.

Solidarity!
Mark L.