[Marxism] It's finally happened: porn film actors want a union

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat May 1 14:12:11 MDT 2004

Jurriaan Bendien wrote:

> You gals who want to be free, just take a tip from me;
> Get you a man who's a union man and join the ladies' auxiliary.
> Married life ain't hard when you got a union card,
> A union man has a happy life when he's got a union wife.

This song had its positive features at one time, but I think it rather
gauche today to quote such lines as "Get you a man who's a union man and
join the ladies' auxiliary." Ugly in fact.

During the Flint sitdown strkes within a period of about 7 days the
"Women's Auxiliary" changed its name twice, the final name being "The
Red Berets."

Carrol