[Marxism] Legendary Vietnamese general offers warning to U.S

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Sat May 1 14:13:15 MDT 2004

Lana wrote, "Since when is being a scholar a prerequisite to a
'Communist' environment?"  ... I don't think anyone ever said it
was...or even said that a scholar could be a Communist environment...or
a non-scholar for that matter...Come to think of it, I don't know what a
Communist environment could possible be in this context.

...still, I guess she's really told off them thar' pinheaded Marxist
intellectuals, huh?

The list should be familiar with this kind of email tail-chasing because
we've seen it before....
1. Denounce theory and intellectuals for their desire to be moderately
consistent.
2. Write in a way that make no sense to most readers...and denounce
those who request clarification as being dogmatically obsessed with
theory, intellectuals.
3. Use the fact that you've not made yourself understood as a proof of
how Marxists just don't understand your "practical" and "down to earth"
insights.

Personally, I'm not offended by reading Lana's complaints about Marxism
and Marxists or even her calls to jettison that part of Marxism that is
so theoretical as to find her assertions incomprehensive (even those
about scholars being environments).

However, I would, at some point, like to see a little evidence that she
actually understands what Marxism is.

...and I'd like to see that without having to wade through the kind of
Bible quotes, Jesus references, and assertions of moral superiority more
suited, imho, to FOX NEWS than a Marxism List.

Regards,
Mark L.