Fwd: Re: [Marxism] "Workers in military uniforms"?

paul bunyan cutemdown2003 at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 12:12:50 MDT 2004

Waistline2 at aol.com wrote:
:>During the Vietnam War era, or rather the era of military aggression of the
>American State against the people of Vietnam, perhaps several million people >in our country greeted the Tet Offense with joy. It is true that many returning
>soldiers were treated with contempt, called baby killers, fascists, ignorant
>fools, spat upon and questioned about their basic humanity.

As someone you served in the military in Vietnam during the Tet offense, many of us there began to have doubts about the possibility of a US victory. As far as how we were greeted upon our return to the US, most of the incidents of being spit on and insulted fall in the realm of urban legend. Those of us who were won over to leftist politics were given a warm welcome. What attacks that Vietnam veterans received were at the hands of the ruling class in the form of government foot dragging in awarding us our VA educational and other benefits, and by industry and business engaging in discrimination, by not being overly eager to give us employment.