[Marxism] Democrats' Love Fest with Negroponte
furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue May 4 08:51:23 MDT 2004
As the scandal of torture at Abu Ghraib unfolded, "on Thursday, the
Senate Foreign Relations Committee approved the nomination of John D.
Negroponte as the first U.S. ambassador to post-Saddam Hussein Iraq.
Negroponte is expected to be confirmed by the Senate next week"
("Crucial Bush Envoy Quits for Job at NYSE," Los Angeles Times April
30, 2004). What is more scandalous than the confirmation of the real
master of torturers as US "ambassador" to Iraq, who will head "the
largest US embassy in the world, with more than 3,000 employees and
over 500 CIA officers" ("Dems Ignore Negroponte's Death Squad Past,
Look to Confirm Iraq Appointment," Democracy Now! April 28, 2004) is
the Democrats' failure to even raise the question of Negroponte's
abysmal human rights record in the Senate . . . . More on the
* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/>
* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/>
* Calendars of Events in Columbus:
<http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/>
* Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/>
* Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/>
* Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio>
* Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>
More information about the Marxism