[Marxism] Question to Melvin (part two)

DoC donaloc at hotmail.com
Wed May 5 03:54:14 MDT 2004

Melvin, a chara,

Many thanks for taking the time to respond to the question I asked. I am
appreciative of what you wrote - I'm glad you are here - you see, my own
experience of marxism has largely been toned by trotskyism too - there's
not too many Maoists in Ireland - although in no way should anyone
consider me a Trotskyist. Your experience is helping me understand
things better in relation to Stalin's course and even how to engage with
Mao. I have read his work 'On Contradiction' and found it deeply
enriching. I am currently reading some of Stalin's writings - and I am
annoyed that I didn't pick up a second edition of the collected works of
Mao for £5 in London's Marx Memorial Library last year!

Anyhow, onto my second question - I remember you said somewhere that
because the mode of production has passed beyond industrialisation -
that this has implications for revolutionary strategy in the USA. Can
you expand on that?

Many thanks,
Is mise le meas,
DoC.