[Marxism] Inside Iraq's Abu Ghraib Prison

Christopher Carrico ccarrico at temple.edu
Thu May 6 07:22:54 MDT 2004

Did someone post this yet?

O'Reilly Factor, May 3, FOXNEWS of all places.

HERSH:  First of all, it's going to get much worse.  This
kind of stuff was much more widespread.  I can tell you just
from the phone calls I've had in the last 24 hours, even
more, there are other photos out there.  There are many more
photos even inside that unit.  There are videotapes of stuff
that you wouldn't want to mention on national  television
that was done.  There was a lot of problems.

There was a special women's section. There were young boys
in there. There were things done to young boys that were
videotaped. It's much worse. And the Maj. Gen. Taguba was
very tough about it. He said this place was riddled with
violent, awful actions against prisoners.

O'REILLY:  All right.  So we're going to see in the weeks to
come more pictures and videotapes of atrocities against
Iraqis?  Is that what we can look forward to seeing?

HERSH:  Mr. O'Reilly, this is a generation -- you know back -
- you and I in our days, if we had something, you know, we
came back from war.  We would take our pictures and hide
them behind the socks in the drawer and look at them once in
a while.

This is a generation that sends stuff on CDs, sends it
around.  ome kid right now is negotiating with some European
magazine. -- You know, I can't say that for sure, but it's
there. -- It's out there.  And the Army knows it.

O'REILLY:  Boy.

HERSH:  They have tried to recover some of the CD discs from
computers, individual computers.  But obviously, you can't
stop this...