[Marxism] Yahoo shenanigans

Adam Levenstein cleon42 at yahoo.com
Thu May 6 09:06:15 MDT 2004

--- Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:
> Just got this mail from Barry Cohen from the Committees of
> Correspondence and the portside mailing list. With all the ruckus
> about
> Howard Stern and Michael Moore getting censored, one wonders if there
> is
> pressure on yahoo.com as well to silence leftist voices. That's
> another
> reason to steer clear of them, not to speak of the intrusive ads.

I generally haven't had any problems with Yahoo Groups, and I run (and
am on) a number of leftist listservs based there.

But if people want a good, fairly reliable free listserv service check
out http://lists.riseup.net. They're fairly anarchist-oriented, but
nonsectarian. They do have to approve your list; they'll only allow
left political lists. I've had no problems with them, they generally
will approve you unless they've got a good reason not to.

Adam