[Marxism] Question: An epoch of social revolution/3

Waistline2 at aol.com Waistline2 at aol.com
Fri May 7 08:08:36 MDT 2004

Jeremy Rifkin's book "The Hydrogen Economy" is perhaps the most difficult
book I have read in twenty years.

The entire title of the book reads as follows: "When There Is No More Oil . .
.THE HYDROGEN ECONOMY . . . The creation of the world wide energy web and the
redistribution of power on earth."

I would like to do a review of this book but have not a clue how comrades
understand the logic of Mr. Rikin's insanity. Every question is posed from the
standpoint of the bourgeoisie in real time motion.

Mr. Rifkin argues and presents a vast amount of material from the standpoint
of the metaphysical concept of external collision of opposites. Mr. Rifkin is
a prolific writer and wrote a book called "Entropy" (with Ted Howard) and "The
End of Work" which has had an impact in the American Union.

If any of the 536 people on Marxmail - (of which I am the only African
American retired autoworker, communist, elected Union rep and unreconstructed
Stalinists), have read this material - them we came look at what is in front of us
and how comrades becomes victims of the bourgeois intelligenica.

We have to think things out. The bourgeois revolution is guided by the
emergence of concrete economic relations within the feudal order that allows the
bourgeois and proletariat to exist as a concrete economic formation. The
bourgeoisie emerges in history as the result of changes in the mode of production that
gives him economic legs to stand upon.

We communist workers have no concrete economic legs to stand upon. Bourgeois
production evolves within the feudal economic, social and political relations
because it is an expression of the development of exchange or commodity
production.

Because we have no economic legs to stand upon theoretical clarity is very
important because it alone is going to decide our line of march. We are not
going to go forward on the basis of a philosophy of external collision, or we end
up in the orbit of the bourgeoisie.

We have entered an era of social revolution.

Melvin P.