[Marxism] Torture "fundamentally un-American" ?

paul bunyan cutemdown2003 at yahoo.com
Sat May 8 08:24:24 MDT 2004

No torture in America, huh? During World War I, in Ohio, imprisoned draft resisters were hung by their thumbs. There are too many other examples to mention here, unless someone else wants to. Hell, torture here in freedom land is as American as, what, mom and apple pie?

Nestor Gorojovsky <nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar> wrote:Respuesta a: [Marxism] Torture "fundamentally un-American" ?
Remitido por: Jurriaan Bendien
Fecha: Sábado 8 de Mayo de 2004
Hora: 13:40
*****

> "So to those Iraqis who were mistreated by members of the U.S. armed
> forces, I offer my deepest apology... It was inconsistent with the values
> of our nation, it was inconsistent with the teachings of the military to
> the men and women of the armed forces, and it was certainly fundamentally
> un-American," Mr. Rumsfeld said.
> http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/08/politics/08ABUS.html?hp

Mark Twain, probably the best representative of the American values, was also the founder of the first Anti-Imperialist League.

Imperialism is inconsistent with the values of your nation, Rumsfeld.
That is why you have to lie to your people all the time. But
imperialism brings butter to top the slices of bread. So, your people
wants to be lied to.

Until some stupid photograph tells them that the butter is purchased
at the prize of the self and same values for which they are called to
serve the Nation. Then, they feel in discomfort, and Mr. Rumsfeld
tries to apologize.

Face it, you American people: you cannot have it two ways. If you
are a highwayman, then be proud of it. Or stop being a highwayman.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar

Buenos Aires, 1822