[Marxism] The interests I serve...

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Mon May 10 10:01:29 MDT 2004

Respuesta a: Re: [Marxism] The interests I serve
Remitido por: Julio Huato
Fecha: Lunes 10 de Mayo de 2004
Hora: 10:04
*****

> >Dear Julio Huato, I have never asked about the interests you serve, nor the
> >interests you _think_ that you serve.  I have only asked who was your
> >wisdom coincident with.
>
> Aren't we debating to, precisely, figure this out?  And that also goes for
> the interests you think you serve and those your ideas actually coincide
> with.  Often, appearances are deceitful.

No. Not me at least.  And of cours I might well be serving others
than those I pretend to serve. But this has to be demonstrated. I
made a compelling case (and Tony did it better than yours truly),
based on the evidence you presented yourself, in the sense that you
tend to represent the diffussionist view of capitalism in Mexico, a
view that considers American introduction of maquila as good for the
development of Mexican capitalism as the nationalization of oil by
Cárdenas. No, probably you believe it is better.  Who knows.

 >I said who was my (your words) ignorance.
>
> Uh?

"Who was the people I shared my ignorance with".  Typo, sorry.

> >In my own country, people who think the way you think are known as either
> >"sepoy" or "gorilla" progressives.
>
> If ignorance is no argument, insults are the opposite of an argument.

I am not arguing. I am having fun.

OTOH, I beg you to excuse me, I never thought that you might feel the
word "progressive" an insult. I recant: "Sepoy" or "gorilla", tout
court, will do.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar

Buenos Aires, 1822