[Marxism] Re: The Latin American-US Realignment

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Mon May 10 10:01:27 MDT 2004

Respuesta a: [Marxism] Re: The Latin American-US Realignment
Remitido por: Julio Huato
Fecha: Lunes 10 de Mayo de 2004
Hora: 9:51
*****

> Do maquiladoras force
> Mexicans to accept submission to U.S. policies?  How do you know?  Any
> evidence?

Julio, as Tony has commented, _you_ are the evidence.

All the framework of your mind runs along the idea that the
maquiladoras are somehow an expansion of capitalism in Mexico,
something M&E themselves believed at the beginning of their
carreers,but did not believe any more towards the end.

Your anger at Tony's obviously meaningful anecdotes (anecdotes can be
more meaningful than reams of opinon poll paperwork: I do opinion
polls myself, so that I _certainly_ know what I speak about) is the
best demonstration of our common thesis: you spring out of your box
as soon as somebody dares utter anything against the social and
national effects of the maquila.

That is, you give expression, at best, the left wing of the pro-
imperialist camp in Mexico, a camp that intentionally confuses
"patriotism" with formal rule of Mexican law --as dictated under the
heavy hand of the US bourgeoisie.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar

Buenos Aires, 1822