[Marxism] The case of Jewish pro-Palestinian student Dan Freeman-Maloy and York University

David Quarter davidquarter at sympatico.ca
Mon May 10 12:36:47 MDT 2004

 Tony T.:

  Rather than waste precious time writing a letter that she probably won't
even bother reading, the better thing to do would be to bombard her office
phone --  (416)736-5200. Not necessarily as direct call during regular office
hours...even leaving a voice message would suffice.

I would think nothing could be more annoying from her standpoint, and even
if you're calling long distance, a 30 second to a minute (max) long distance
phone charge isn't going to kill you.

 whereas, she can just delete any hostile e-mails she receives and snail
mail can go towards her personal toilet paper.

Unfortunately, we are not dealing with a reasonable person here -- first and
foremost, she is a b**** (I say this based upon the word of mouth of people
I know, who go to York, who have had runs ins with her in the past) and one
I should add (if this was not already apparent in her actions) that is firmly in
the hands of zionists.  So substance  of argument won't play much into her
decisioin to overturn the ruling.

David

Date sent:      	Mon, 10 May 2004 12:21:15 -0400
From:           	Tony Tracy <tony at riseup.net>

> I'd like to draw comrades attention yet again to the continuing case of Dan
> Freeman-Maloy, a Jewish undergraduate student at York University who is an
> outspoken supporter of Palestinian self-determination and the right of
> return for Palestinian refugees, and his three year suspension (expulsion?)
> from York University for the dubious crime of using a megaphone on campus.
>
> Please see http://www.en-camino.org/freespeechyorku/ for more information
> and background on this case.

 [...]