[Marxism] RE: Question of Alienation and Anxiety

Tony Abdo gojack10 at hotmail.com
Mon May 10 19:00:19 MDT 2004

Melvin, your attempting to weave colonic therapy (Ehret) toegether with
marxism is kind of wild.  Let's see if we can clean things up some?

<<It is not so much that food is processed garbage, but rather that this
process garbage is not food. Everything edible or eatable is not the meaning
of the
word food. This description of everything edible as food is actually
bourgeois
ideology and peculiar to the epoch of bourgeois production as it creates its
own unique set of needs that becomes the basis of its reproduction.>>

Wait a sec, processed garbage is food.   It may be bad food, but it is food.
  It goes into the mouth, and then some of it comes out the other end.
That's true, with roughage or without, Melvin.   I'm going to be a
materialist and call it food, and not just label  the food garbage as being
'bourgeois ideology'.

<<Falling into bourgeois ideology does not mean comrades "think like the
bourgeoisie" but rather a failing to pinpoint the internal components that
drives a
process. Depression does not and cannot drive overeating as a societal
force.>>

How bout this then, Melvin?  Cars mean less physical activity, which makes
one more depressed (activity counters depression).  Then the depressed
person eats the food, but since they are inactive, the waistline grows.  So
they then drive (not walk) to the grocery store, buy the 'bourgeois
ideology' and take it home and stuff it.  Which is depressing, so they go
back out to the car, and then repeat the process over again and again.
Since I started with the car (capitalist production), it is a very
materialist explanation!

<<This depression and anxiety - in this context or as a societal force, is
the
appearance form of another process independent from the subjective state of
man.  This "process" has to be grasped on its own basis or posed correctly
to see
the solution.>>

Huh?

<<Ehert is radically different from Atkins. Atkin's is horribly wrong and
confronts the mass of needs consumed (eaten), and on this basis eliminate
categories of what everyone incorrectly call food, as a basis to diet. Man
does not
need to diet as such but reather to stop wrong eating. This wrong eating
drives
overeating.>>

"Wrong eating"?  Here we are back to the food pyramid menatlaity of
explaining things.  This is not even a fraction of all the variables going
on.  Unhappy people only eating garbage get fat. Whereas only eating garbage
will get one fat, and make you unhappy.  If you are fat, you will be unhappy
and just pop the first garbage you come across into the mouth.   All of this
is sickening and will make you sick, whcih will be depressing which makes
one sicker.

<<I have in mind Ehert's  "Mucusless Diet Healing system" where he presents
his
"theoretical model" and outline of the metabolic process that is man. His
"Rational Fasting" tackled questions like the density of man, skin color,
eyes
and hair of man. Ehert tackles the question of our societal sense of beauty
and
symmetry or how the density (circumference) of peoples is formed over time.
He
explains in detail why we look like we look today and in very modern terms.
His "Thus Speaketh the Stomach" is a tour de force and a scholarly
materialist
presentation.>>

Yes, we all could use a thorough cleansing...

<<Ehert's materialist approach to our authentic metabolic process is breath
taking and can be applied by anyone without exception. He unravels the
mechanics
of overeating and wrong eating on the basis of the metabolic process and
states that 99% of mental illness is the results of a breach in our bodily
system.
To prove his thesis he curved people of their clinical depression.>>

Eating better food does help with aleviating depression.  But what's this
stuff about our body system being breached?  Ehret claimed to cure
everything with this diet and colonic therapy.  Hot mineral baths are great
too.  But....

<<This is to say that after the overthrow of the power of property, much of
what we identify as depression or other mental illnesses will not "just go
away,"
because, these disorders are rooted in wrong and overeating and consumption
of "food stuff" unique to bourgeois production. Depression does not drive
overeating - but rather, the overeating is a symptom of wrong eating. The
connection between overeating and depression is that the former drives the
latter - not
the other way around. (By mental illness is meant those set of disorders
identified in DSM 4.)>>

This is where you are wrong, they both drive each other. It is not as simple
as just saying that eating bad and getting fat will make you unhappy.

<<This wrong eating is the result of historical ignorance and the evolution
of
a set of unique "needs" peculiar to bourgeois property as it inherits an
existing set of historically evolved "needs.">>

I personally wanted to blame it all on Colonel Sanders and the KFC
Corporation.

<<In the ideological sphere this wrong
eating is justified by concepts based on the metaphysics of properties and
an
erroneous conception of the metabolic process. To this very day modern
science
identify the heart as a pump within the human body when it is not. The heart
is a valve - with opening and closing chambers, and the lungs are pumps
operating and set into motion by gravity. >>

The heart is a pump that has valves between chambers.  It is a giant muscle
and is often called the heart muscle.

<<Wrong eating and overeating takes on a life of its own is not driven by
the
subjective disposition of man, but by the law of reproduction.>>

Are you saying that how good the sex is regulates eating? lol.

<<The question has
to be looked at as it arose historically and on the basis of the metabolic
process that is man. Wrong eating and overeating operates on the basis of
the
addiction process. In the last instance one overeats to stave off the pain
of
elimination.>>

Don't start that stuff about constipation now.  If so, I will half to call
this a form of marxism constipated that you are propounding.

<<We are dealing with a self contained process that merits closer
observation. What we call a "craving" is not a subjective disposition
without
explanation but a spontaneous reaction to pain. We no longer recognize this
reaction to pain>>

Ouch!   Eating bad food leads to hemnmorhoids.

<< - the body's response to breach or disruption of our spontaneous
metabolic process, and instead of calling this feeling "pain," we are taught
misidentify it as a craving. Even this misunderstanding is not purely
subjective but an ideological expression of being physically desensitized to
pain
because of the wrong eating that disrupt the electrical processes in our
body, in
the first place.

One does in fact have to understand the evolution of needs, as articulated
by
Marx to make sense of why people are sad. People are sad because they are
sick or suffering from disease. We are challenged to explain why obesity is
the
number one cause of death in American society. People do not overeat because
they are confronted by abundance. People - not individuals but the societal
force, do not overeat because they are oppressed and depressed.>>

Oppression and depression with lots of food around leads to overconsumption,
Melvin.

<<The singular reason why people get fat - obese, is wrong eating and this
wrong eating drives the process of overeating. The issue merits close
examination
because we are really talking about the authentic metabolic process of the
earth and man. Environmental degradation is actually a breach in the earth's
metabolic process expressing the breach within man. The breach in the earths
metabolic process appears as a breach in the biosphere. What causes the
breach is
the production and reproduction of a mass of things outside the earths
ability
to metabolize the deadly entropic discharge. The earth itself is faced with
wrong eating and overeating.>>

Yeah. Large numbers of depressed people with large amounts of food around
willl lead to lots of people getting very fat. And they will get sick and
even more depressed. It's a spiral down and to the huge.

Tony