[Marxism] Los Angeles area Left Book Sale, Saturday, May 15

lshan at bcn.net lshan at bcn.net
Tue May 11 04:53:54 MDT 2004

[This library is a valuable resource for progressive scholars in Southern
California. It has a core library of documents, pamphlets, and books from
the Communist Party. In recent years, it has emphasized collecting
information from working class and minority communities. Your support will
help them a lot. I'm sure that you will find many bargains and you may meet
some old and new friends. -- forwarded from Brian Shannon]
______________

Dear Friend, it's that time of year--time for our spring book sale blowout.
I'm not kidding, we have literally thousands of used books for sale, so make
sure you're at the Southern California Library on Saturday, May 15, sometime
between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. We're located at 6120 S. Vermont Avenue (between
Slauson and Gage), and you can call us at 323-759-6063 for more information.

Our prices are cheap: $1.25 hardback and $.75 paperback. Biographies and
fiction will be going at 10 for $1, and volume discounts are available. (Bag
of books, anyone?) Several hundred titles have been added to the sales
stock, particularly on the environment, urban planning, Black studies, and
women's studies. You'll also find books ranging from American radicalism,
Latin America, and China to health, psychology, education, and more. Popular
titles are available, as well as literature, art books, and magazines. All
proceeds will benefit the Library, so come on down!

Happy Spring!

Michele

Michele Welsing
Communications Director