Fwd: [Marxism] The most compelling reason to vote for Nader

paul bunyan cutemdown2003 at yahoo.com
Thu May 13 15:13:25 MDT 2004

Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> posted an article by Hitchens which has I've clipped for reasons of brevity:-Paul B Subject: [Marxism] The most compelling reason to vote for Nader

Vanity Fair, May 2004

Unsafe On Any Ballot
By Christopher Hitchens

>And a slight secret about Ralph Nader is the extent of his conservatism.
>The last time I saw him up close, he was the guest at Grover Norquist’s
>now famous “Wednesday Morning” gathering, where Washington’s disparate
>conservative groups meet—by invitation only, and off the record—under
>one ceiling. He gave them a sincere talking-to, pointing out that their
>favorite system—free market capitalism—was undermining their professedly
>favorite values.

full: http://www.ex-iwp.org/docs/2004/vanity_fair.htm

It's interesting that in his article Hitchens "conservative baits" Nader. A couple of years ago while being jeered by an anti-war audience in Chicago, Hitchens replied "My heating bill is more than any of you peoples income!" Yesiree, 'ol Chris is certainly a man of the people.