[Marxism] Bush's POW Porn

Tony Abdo gojack10 at hotmail.com
Sun May 16 11:13:14 MDT 2004

It says a lot about the state of US political discourse these days, when the
best commentary about Bush and America's conservative mainstream comes more
often from people like Howard Stern and Susan Block, rather than from
mainstream press commentators.  Now if she would just fill us in some about
Kerry's sexuality!

A Review
Bush's POW Porn
By Dr. SUSAN BLOCK ('Sex Therapist')

excerpt...
I want to take a long, hard look at Bush's sexuality. Because The Photos are
Bush's porn. Oh, he says they "disgust" him. Of course, they do. Listen, I'm
a sex therapist. Many of my clients will say something disgusts them at
first, only to confess a few sessions later that it really turns them on.

Shortly after the censorship dam burst and The Photos were released
publicly, Bush issued his first attempt at apologizing: "I share a deep
disgust that those prisoners were treated the way they were treated." He
coughed up the words like a chicken bone, or that pretzel he swallowed and
almost choked on. And he looked like a shifty-eyed boy caught by his mama,
his schoolteacher and the whole neighborhood with his political pants down,
way down around his ankles, exposing his severe shortcomings for all the
world to revile.

Notice that he started to say how "those prisoners" were "treated." But
then, he couldn't say it. After all, it might have given him an erection.
Which would not help his reelection.

George II was so disgusted that, a few hours after he made these pious
pronouncements, he went to a private party at the home of Defense Secretary
Donald Rumsfeld, Line Producer of Bush's POW Porn. I assume that Rummy and
Mrs. Rummy provided barf bags for everyone.

Giving Bush's War That Extra Spice

Amazing how many synonyms for "disgust" have dripped and dribbled like
infected spittle from the rapidly dissembling mouths of various pro-war
pundits and politicians, as they too are compelled to submit their reviews
of Bush's POW Porn, which they helped to produce, promote and distribute.
They are APPALLED. Shocked. Dismayed. Disturbed. Sickened. Nauseated. Rummy
is "stunned." Condi is "outraged." Yes, this is a "deep disgust," as the
President so compassionately suggested, that the whole Team Bush Torture
Production and Distribution Wing "shares."

full article at http://www.counterpunch.org/block05142004.html