[Marxism] hit vs. massacre

g.maclennan at qut.edu.au g.maclennan at qut.edu.au
Wed May 19 14:33:05 MDT 2004

It is always darkest before the dawn, they say and these
reports from Palestine and from Iraq of massacres by the the
great super power and its most loyal ally are deeply dark and
sickening. But I am convinced that every display of military
might that the butchers Sharon and Bush perform is a
political disaster for them and that political disasters
ultimately become military ones.

The Arab world is seething right now.  Of that I have no
doubt, and somewhere soon there will be a crack in the ruling
bloc of pro-American rulers.

And by a "crack" I mean not some carefully orchestrated
gesture by Mubarak or Abullah of Jordan, but a regime change
by an anti-American coup.

Just a year ago the Arab leaders were able to say that they
were "bored" by the Palestinians.  More recently al-Qadhafi
leaked news that he was making secret overtures to the
Israelis and the Western Press were commenting that the road
to Washington lay through Tel Aviv.

But now with both the Israeli and the American Armies doing
their tag team effort and taking turns at matching each other
with massacre for massacre and atrocity for atrocity, the so-
called moderate Arabs have run out of time.  They have
betrayed their people.  They have kissed the hands that are
soaking with the blood of Arabs and they will pay dearly for
that.

regards

Gary