replying to Fred was Re: [Marxism] Facts show US killed 40 at wedding party, but occupiers hang tough

g.maclennan at qut.edu.au g.maclennan at qut.edu.au
Sat May 22 01:16:33 MDT 2004

>It will take a still more powerful, more nationwide, and
more united
>upsurge than this one to break the will of the invaders, and
to show
>them beyond doubt that the will of the Iraqi nation will not
be broken.

>And that is coming.
>Fred Feldman

Fred I would have agreed with this about a week ago.  But as
my last post shows I am beginning to think the Iraq situation
is deteriorating so rapidly that it cannot be patched
together without the most massive injection of troops and
that might not work either.    Besides I am still convinced
that no one would dare re-introduce the draft before the
November elections and that is what they are talking about
when they say that the US needs to double (plus) the number
of troops in Iraq.

I tend to agree with Juan Cole when he says, "I concluded in
early April that Bush had lost Iraq. He has by now lost the
entire Muslim world."

I of course would like to see a politically progressive
secular oppositon in Iraq, which would link up with the
struggle for freedom everywhere in the world.  But in the
mean time I will take a defeat for American and British
imperialism.

warm regards

Gary