[Marxism] Dave Dellinger Dies

Pieinsky pieinsky at igc.org
Tue May 25 16:27:36 MDT 2004

Comrades and Friends:  I just received the sad word that long-time peace activist and anti-imperialist fighter Dave Dellinger passed away this afternoon in a Berlin, Vermont nursing home.  He was 88.  As a member of the Chicago Eight/Seven, he was an almost mythical figure in the Movement of the Sixties.  He and his wife Elizabeth Peterson, who survives him, moved to Vermont in the early 1980s, and he remained active and involved right up close to the end.  We were lucky to have gotten to know him as common members of a Central America affinity group in the 1980s.  He was an ideological pacifist but was friendly with anybody who stood up to the System.

He will be missed.  Salut!

jay
www.neravt.com/left/