[Marxism] Soviet Law and Chinese Law

lshan at bcn.net lshan at bcn.net
Wed May 26 22:35:00 MDT 2004

Sorry, I was wrong about John Fairbank. He was a Harvard based Chinese
scholar who convinced Jerome Cohen to leave U.C. Berkeley Law School and
come to Harvard. It was Harold Berman that I intended to reference.

Contemporary Chinese Law: Research Problems and Perspectives
China's Practice of International Law: Some Case Studies
The Criminal Process in the People's Republic of China, 1949-1963: An
Introduction
The Dynamics of China's Foreign Relations
by Jerome Alan Cohen

Soviet Criminal Law and Procedure: The RSFSR Codes
Justice in the U.S.S.R.: An Interpretation of the Soviet Law
Law and Revolution, II: The Impact of the Protestant Reformations on the
Western Legal Tradition
Law and Revolution: The Formation of the Western Legal Tradition
by Harold J. Berman