[Marxism] clarifications re Gitlin, etc

michael a. lebowitz mlebowit at sfu.ca
Mon May 31 15:31:35 MDT 2004

    * To: "Activists and scholars in Marxist tradition"
<<mailto:marxism at lists.econ.utah.edu>marxism at lists.econ.utah.edu>
    * Subject: [Marxism] A cpl of quick Thank You's --
    * From: "DHE" <<mailto:cuibono at rcip.com>cuibono at rcip.com>
    * Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 14:03:37 -0700
    * Sender:
<mailto:marxism-bounces at lists.econ.utah.edu>marxism-bounces at lists.econ.utah.edu

----------

One to Dr Leibowitz for his mot re Gitlin. "Any Friend of Tod Gitlin is an
Enemy of Mine":)

That's not at all what I said: it was "A vote for Nader is a vote against
Todd Gitlin." I don't know Todd (might have met him years ago) and don't
know who his friends are. I certainly wouldn't want to personalise this;
I'm dealing with him here only insofar as he is the bearer [Trager] of
particular class-relations and interests (as the saying goes).

Also, I am neither 'Leibowitz' nor a 'Dr.' (the latter being a sense of pride).
         in solidarity,
          michael

Michael A. Lebowitz

Professor Emeritus

Economics Department

Simon Fraser University

Burnaby, B.C., Canada V5A 1S6

Currently based in Venezuela. Can be reached at

Residencias Anauco Suites

Departamento 601

(58-212) 573-4111

fax: (58-212) 573-7724