[Marxism] clarifications re Gitlin, etc

Cnyadp at aol.com Cnyadp at aol.com
Mon May 31 19:28:07 MDT 2004

Mark L.

You choose to miss the point of lumping the historians other than Zinn. If
you read Gitlin you will find that he (not I ) lump those  other historians
together to justify his weak attack on Zinn as being "lopsided"  and "incorrectly
interpreting history."

Of course, Zinn is my favorite of the group (I asked Zinn in 2000  to run for
President and he sent me a nice letter refusing)-  the entire point of  my
comment
was to  clarify Gitlin's  thinking inasmuch as he has recently taken a
position   against Nader..

joe