[Marxism] More views from Cuba of the US election

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Tue Nov 2 09:57:17 MST 2004

Respuesta a: Re: [Marxism] More views from Cuba of the US elec
Remitido por: Eli Stephens
Fecha: Lunes 1 de Noviembre de 2004
Hora: 14:57
*****

> What people took issue with (I don't think
> "are unhappy with" is correct) is the implication, be it explicit or
> implicit, that the attitudes of Cubans should be in any way
> determinative of actions of Marxists in the United States. Of course
> that's an arguable point. But you don't seem to be able to admit the
> possibility that there is a legitimate argument on the other side;
> indeed, not only legitimate, but the classic Marxist position.

I seem to be in disagreement with the mainstream Cuban position on
the issue at stake, e.g., the Bush-Kerry choice.

So that this will only add to the validity of what follows: the
possibility that "the attitudes of Cubans should be in any way
determinative of actions of Marxists in the United States" should
certainly not be "an arguable point", IMHO.

I can't find any argument opposing the common sense notion that this
kind of "determinative power" would be much better than "the
attitudes of Americans be in any way determinative of actions of
marxists in Cuba".

;-)

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar