[Marxism] Preferences, choices, and activity (was: More views from Cuba of the US election

Walter Lippmann walterlx at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 2 18:02:38 MST 2004

I very much appreciate Lou Paulsen's discussion of this
which makes lots of good sense. I certainly and clearly
and plainly would prefer a Kerry victory in this race,
for any number of reasons, not one of which means Kerry
is the better candidate or would make the better U.S.
president. But he certainly would be less worse, and,
as Mark Lause said yesterday, people will have to come
to the end of their illusions/delusions/confusions re:
the Democratic Party, before we'll be able to build a
new qualitatively different and genuinely progressive
alternative to the two party shellgame.

Walter