[Marxism] Bush Victory

Einde O'Callaghan einde at gmx.de
Wed Nov 3 14:13:23 MST 2004

Octob1917 at aol.com wrote:
> The most astounding thing for me observing this election is the how so many
> US workers have voted against their own interests in re-electing Bush. Kerry,
> of course, is also an imperialist and a pro-business candidate in truth, but
> the perception of him compared to Bush in the nation and the world at large is
> that he was sympathetic to the economic needs of workers and those lower down
> the economic ladder.

I suspect that workers were very much aware of the fact that Kerry meant
no great change as far as economic policy went - so better the devil you
know ...

After all, if both parties are presenting Republican policies than you
might as well pick the genuine Republicans. The Democrats have only
themselves to blame and the ABB bigade have got absolutely nothing to
show for their capitulation to right-wing policies.

Einde O'Callaghan