[Marxism] Do we look to the working class...

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 3 22:31:03 MST 2004

Mark wrote:

>So much of the overreaction is rooted in a gross exaggeration of Bush's
>villany.

An exaggeration certainly, but a gross exaggeration? Here's some sobering
data. In 2000, 2.9  million people voted for Nader. In 2004, 395,000 voted
for Nader, and another 105,000 for Cobb, for a total of 500,000. That means
that 5 people out of 6 who were progressive enough to vote for Nader were
persuaded that Bush was "evil" enough to abandon their principles and vote
for Kerry. And personally, I believe that 4 of those 5 reached that decision
on their own, without the pressures of Michael Moore, Noam Chomsky, Norman
Solomon, et al. Were all those people simply imagining something about the
nature of the Bush administration? Or is there a "there" there?