[Marxism] Electoral hibernation ends

Lou Paulsen Loupaulsen at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 3 22:35:07 MST 2004

Well, now that the electoral winter is over, we can resume having an
anti-war movement, and high time.  We had a demonstration of 800 to 1000
people in Chicago this night.  This is the biggest and most active anti-war
demonstration we have had in Chicago since last March 20.  It was originally
called as a candlelight vigil by the Iraq Peace Pledge, but people were in a
mood for more active stuff, so we marched around the Loop for an hour or so,
taking over streets and stuff.  Everybody was there.  My favorite chant of
the evening (it's a guilty pleasure) was raised by a small group of PLP
youth: "Bush, you fascist!  We'll burn your house to ashes!"  No, it's not a
mass line, but it was so good to be out there screaming and losing my voice
with young people again.  Life and motion had returned to the world like at
the end of "Yellow Submarine".  Passers-by were entirely supportive, I
should say, waving from windows and glad to see us.  It is just too sad to
think that we could have been doing this for the last year if it hadn't been
for the GOD DAMNED ELECTION.  But there's no point in crying over spilled
milk.

Lou Paulsen