[Marxism] "Red" states and same-sex marriage?

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Fri Nov 5 11:58:49 MST 2004

Ohio was weird on this.  I suspect much of it was.

Cincinnati is probably the most reactionary part of a fairly
conservative state.  This time, we had Issue 1 (the amendment banning
gay and lesbian marriage) and Issue 3 (repealing the local exclusion of
gays and lesbians from equal protection in their jobs, etc.).

The voters here passed Issue 3 (repealing inequality) and Issue 1
(sanctioning new inequality).  The only conclusion is that the voters
were very confused.

Solidarity!
Mark L.