[Marxism] Black Nationalism / BPP / etc.

Adam cleon42 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 6 19:06:38 MST 2004

--- Mark Lause <MLause at cinci.rr.com> wrote:

> If a discussion contradicts "the most basic concepts of
> self-determiantion," I have to ask what self-determiantion mean to
> you?

Fundamentally the question boils down to, who the hell are we,
relatively priveledged white Marxists, to say whether or not Blacks
constitute a nation?

It seems to me that if we really NEED an answer on the subject, we need
only ask our Black Marxist comrades what THEY think. It seems to
me--correct me if I'm wrong--they're pretty unified in that department.

I'm sorry, Mark, I really don't mean to be flippant. But the point of
my post is, while you can make an argument for/against nationhood,
holding to an either/or position is mistaken. And in reality, this is
NOT a question among Black comrades. They *know* Blacks constitute a
nation. And to me, respecting that call is the very definition of
self-determination.

Adam