[Marxism] Looking for a "Man Date"?

Jurriaan Bendien andromeda246 at hetnet.nl
Tue Nov 9 07:08:11 MST 2004

Before we get too hung up about Bush's stylized "51%" election win, I think
we ought to recognise that about 40% of the electorate (the total population
eligible to vote) did not vote. As I mentioned prior to the election,
"whoever wins, wins with minority support of the whole electorate".

The voting age population within the US in 2004 was said to be about 221.3
million, and the total number of eligible voters was said to be about 203.8
million. The total votes cast for Bush was  59.5 million in round figures.
This implies the votes Bush received represented about 29% of the whole US
electorate, and about 26.8% of the voting-age population.

The only way in which this warped situation could change, would be if a
voting system of proportional representation was substituted for a
first-past-the-post system in the US, such that no votes are lost, and
representation in government is based accurately on real voting strength. At
present, it is not.

Jurriaan

I can't get no satisfaction,
I can't get no satisfaction.
'cause I try and I try and I try and I try.
I can't get no, I can't get no.

When I'm drivin' in my car
And that man comes on the radio
And he's tellin' me more and more
About some useless information
Supposed to fire my imagination.
I can't get no, oh no no no.
Hey hey hey, that's what I say.

I can't get no satisfaction,
I can't get no satisfaction.
'cause I try and I try and I try and I try.
I can't get no, I can't get no.

When I'm watchin' my tv
And that man comes on to tell me
How white my shirts can be.
Well he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't smoke
The same cigarrettes as me.
I can't get no, oh no no no.
Hey hey hey, that's what I say.

I can't get no satisfaction,
I can't get no girl with action.
'cause I try and I try and I try and I try.
I can't get no, I can't get no.

When I'm ridin' round the world
And I'm doin' this and I'm signing that
And I'm tryin' to make some girl
Who tells me baby better come back later next week
'cause you see I'm on losing streak.
I can't get no, oh no no no.
Hey hey hey, that's what I say.

I can't get no, I can't get no,
I can't get no satisfaction,
No satisfaction, no satisfaction, no satisfaction