[Marxism] re:Spike in archive visits

M. Junaid Alam mjunaidalam at msalam.net
Tue Nov 9 10:00:55 MST 2004

Louis, are you sure that you are looking at total _visitors_ and not
_hits_ when viewing site statistics numbers? The whole rating and
statistics system has me puzzled - for instance, CounterPunch claims to
get upwards of 20 million visits a month, but their Alexa.com rating is
only marginally higher than that of Znet, which claims to get about .5
million visits a month. Meanwhile, Marxmail is rated 1,531,869 on
Alexa.com, whereas Left Hook is rated 738,862
<http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?q=&url=lefthook.org>
- but if you're statistics are correct, you've gotten more visits in a
week than we have in a year! Something just isn't adding up right.