[Marxism] Rumsfeld concedes Iraqis support resistance today

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Wed Nov 10 07:00:02 MST 2004

There was an interesting meeting in Buenos Aires on Monday last with
Karen Maron.  Karen is a war correspondant, an Argentinean journalist
of Arab origin, who has been covering the Iraq war -on the spot and
not from some elegant hotel lobby- among others because being of Arab
family she could simply dress Arab clothes and get mixed with common
people.  A journalistic asset for anyone but liars such as CNN, etc.

This woman commented that, one day when there was some turmoil about
S. Hussein, she went to a popular place to see what was happening and
discovered that there appeared portraits of S.H. everywhere.  The
most striking thing, however, was that the taxi driver who had taken
her there, a garrulous Iraqi who had been talking the worst of S.H.
in English to her while driving this "Western journalist" to the
place, switched to Arab when he saw her talking with people in the
streets, and also switched to a "S. Hussein is the greatest Iraqi"
discourse.

Whatever one thinks of S. Hussein, the fact is that the reality of
Iraq is quite different than what the High Command is told in English
by smart colonials.  This brutal strike on Fallujah will only
strengthen the determinacy of the Iraqis in their support of the
"resistance".

BTW: K. Maron also told that according to comments people had made
her, the first thing that the Americans did upon arrival to Iraq was
to shoot the 300 topmost scientists of Iraq.  Se non é vero, é ben
trovato...

Now, you can't go break Hammurabi's code and kill 300 scientists, and
expect to win the war.

Respuesta a: [Marxism] Rumsfeld concedes Iraqis
Remitido por: Fred Feldman