[Marxism] Death of Yasser Arafat

DoC donaloc at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 11 08:09:37 MST 2004

A chomraidithe,

I think all anti-imperialists today are sad at the passing of this great
leader.

A warrior when he needed to be, a man of peace when he could be.

Onwards to victory for the Irish and Palestinian Peoples!

DoC

Adams Sorrow At Death Of Yasser Arafat

Sinn Féin President Gerry Adams MP has expressed his deep sorrow at the
death of Palestinian President Yasser Arafat in Paris over night.  Mr.
Adams said that the most fitting legacy to President Arafat will be a
 sovereign Palestinian state.

The Sinn Féin leader has sent his condolences to President Arafat's wife
 Suha, to his family and to the Palestinian people.

Mr. Adams

"Throughout a lifetime in struggle President Yasser Arafat has not only
 been a father of the Palestinian people he has been an inspiration to
 people throughout the world as he led the struggle for a sovereign
 Palestinian state. There is a close affinity and affection between the
 Irish and Palestinian people and his death this evening will be a cause
of much
 sorrow.

 "In recent years I spoke to President Arafat on several occasions and
just
 last month Alex Maskey was in Ramallah meeting with Palestinian Chief
 Negotiator Saeb Erekhat.

 "The most fitting legacy to President Arafat is for the international
 community to act immediately to ensure that the Israeli Government
remove
 its troops and illegal settlements from Palestinian lands and a return
 the negotiating table.

 "I want to extend my deep condolences, on behalf of Sinn Féin, to
 President Arafat's wife Suha, to his family and to the Palestinian
people."ENDS