[Marxism] "sink the Maine again, or something"

hoodoorus at comcast.net hoodoorus at comcast.net
Mon Nov 15 21:49:31 MST 2004

I am astonished to discover how truly deranged and
> dangerous the JFK White House was. His advisers included Curtis LeMay
> and Dean Acheson who advocated that the US launch a surprise air attack
> on Cuba consisting of 401 sorties.>
Treacherous though they were, the Soviet Union represented a half-assed obstacle to this danger posed by Kennedy's cabinet. Cuba didn't recieve consistent or open support from the Soviets at that moment, but what little they gave helped avoid 401 sorties or whatever other hell the Kennedys and Lemays had in mind.---Oyason