[Marxism] Ted Glick breaks his silence (correction)

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Nov 16 11:41:34 MST 2004

Louis Proyect wrote:
> Glick:
> Finally, to be successful, we need to consciously develop a way of
> functioning which openly opposes sectarian attacks by certain leftists
> on anyone who is working in the Democratic Party but which also opposes
> a "do-your-own-thing" attitude which avoids healthy and needed
> discussion over the "party question."
>
> Comment:
> No, Ted, what is needed is to consciously develop a way of functioning
> which openly opposes independent presidential bids that take on the
> two-party system. Your article salutes black political leadership but
> the one black political leader who is conspicuously absent is Malcom X,
> who said:

That serves me right. In trying to use Glick's tortured double-negative
formulation against him, I screwed up. I meant to say:

No, Ted, what is needed is to consciously develop a way of functioning
which openly opposes ATTACKS ON independent presidential bids that take
on the two-party system.

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org