[Marxism] Fight night in the NBA

Craig Brozefsky craig at red-bean.com
Tue Nov 23 08:33:04 MST 2004

Octob1917 at aol.com writes:

> Unwittingly, though typically accorded hero status, especially in
> today's extreme wealth and conspicuous consumption ethos of the
> hip-hop generation, black athletes help in the process of keeping
> black communities individuated, divided among themselves and as such
> fodder for the military and prison industrial complex.

What a fucking farce; psuedo-political blather about how black
athletes and hiphop are holding down their "black brothers and
sisters".  It's so divorced from reality and void of any "marxist"
analysis that I do not even know where to start.

You can't go diss someone for sporting "symbols of defiance
... without substance" when you post bullshit like this with the
username of Octob1917.

> The day that our black brothers and sisters awaken and vent their
> understandable rage at the real enemy instead of at each other is
> the day that US imperialism will finally meet its end.

Can we please cut the chauvinist, paternalistic shclock?  You can't
redeem your fuckwit comments with some romantic vision of the
downtrodden masses rising up and overthrowing Imperialism with the
force of their revolutionary anger once they are disabused of their
false hopes in athletes and hip-hop which you so grasciously point
out.

--
Sincerely, Craig Brozefsky <craig at red-bean.com>
Kontact -- http://www.red-bean.com/kontact/wiki.cgi