[Marxism] Perspectives (was US Risks A Downhill Dollar Disaster)

Jurriaan Bendien andromeda246 at hetnet.nl
Wed Nov 24 14:31:44 MST 2004

Thanks for your comment. I have had similar impressions from elsewhere, a
sort of culture of lowered expectations where the future takes care of
itself. Well, basically I don't see it as my task to "rally the youth to the
cause" or something like that, although sometimes I provide info, or support
if they request it themselves.

I'm 45 now, of the generation that was a child in the 1960s and matured in
the late 1970s and 1980s. You can be young at heart, but you can't go around
like you were 18 again. I don't care too much about "watching movies on Dvd
and sports on TV, playing cards and video games, drink beer and smoke up,
talk about sex, etc.", I am too busy with other stuff.

It's interesting though how the youth is more socially savvy than I remember
it in bygone days, be it often with less idealism and more cynicism.

Jeez, all the things to be done... never enough time. I often which I could
lodge time in files, and compact them, but admittedly it's a bit of a
ludicrous idea... Back to work, got to get this over and done with.

Jurriaan