[Marxism] Re: Lula follows Bush's method

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Sat Nov 27 06:59:22 MST 2004

Respuesta a: [Marxism] Re: Lula follows Bush's method
Remitido por: Carlos Eduardo Rebello
Fecha: Sábado 27 de Noviembre de 2004
Hora: 10:50
*****

> Exactly. As Lula's trade overtures with China are nothing more than
> that, trading-ops that will strenghten the most reactionary forces in
> the Brazilian Body Politic - namely landowners slashing and burning
> the Amazon (and practising debt slavery in the process) in order to
> sell soybeans to China.

I understand Carlos and his impatience with Lula.  What could I not
add if I came to speak about Kirchner.

However, I believe that the China card has a different meaning, which
has not escaped  pro-imperialist commentators in Argentina.  They
have (all of them, seamlessly) united in a rage of anti-Chinese
"patriotism", these men and women who have destroyed their country
and offered it on a silver tray to Western Imperialism!

In fact, this "Chinese business" may well be an attempt to break the
unipolarity of the general situation.  Not the best thing to see,
because the conditions of bourgeois leadership of our countries don't
allow too much place for joy, but not _necessarily_ a wrong move, not
even from the point of view of the working classes.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar

Buenos Aires, 1822