[Marxism] the drug cartel II: making vaccines w/o people

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Sat Nov 27 10:59:46 MST 2004

On Saturday 27 November 2004 12:50, Mike Friedman wrote:
> Hey Les,
>
> You are probably aware that the technology isn't new... Insulin has been
> produced by g.m. bacteria for years. There are other old examples.

yea, i figured that, given that Protein Sciences has been doing this kind of
thing for years. I gather however that this is the first time flu vaccine has
been made this way.

My point was that the technology was being pitched as new to VCs and health
admin officials. the whole thing about shiny vats with lots of computers and
very few people. that's the "new".

and the "old" is technology or businesses that have lost high-profit potential
for venture capital.

Les Schaffer