[Marxism] Re: political films

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Nov 29 16:24:54 MST 2004

Tom Carlsson wrote:

> The list was discussing a list on political films.
>
> I dont know if its been mentioned but "Adalen" by Bo Widerberg is a
> great film.

Yes, Tom, it is a great film. (I think it was released here as 'Adalen
31'.) It was a film about a 1931 Swedish general strike led by miners
from the town of Adalen.) Unfortunately, it was never released in video.
If it shows up at a revival house in your city, don't miss it. It is
simply the best film ever made about workers in struggle.

--
Marxism list: www.marxmail.org