[Marxism] Pacifica radio heads step down

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Apr 8 13:40:29 MDT 2005

>What's the matter, Louis, are Democracy Now! <http://www.democracynow.org>
>and Flashpoints! <http://www.flashpoints.net> too "shrill" for you? Not
>"entertaining" enough? Too many interviews with Dahr Jamail, Kevin Pina,
>Robert Fisk, and Greg Palast, and not enough movie reviews?
>
>Surely the country can stand (and listenership can justify) ONE station
>where "entertainment" isn't the primary goal, but rather EDUCATION.
>
>Eli Stephens
>  Left I on the News
>  http://lefti.blogspot.com

I didn't mean to denigrate Amy Goodman. Her show is very good but it is
also the epitome of professionalism. Most of WBAI, however, is the aural
equivalent of local access cable tv shows. Somebody sitting in a chair
droning on for an hour about their pet project is not very good tv or
radio. Amy's show is good because she interviews people. The problem with
most WBAI programming is that it consists of some personality who has
wrangled air-time giving vent to their obsessions, political or otherwise,
for an hour or two. Deadly stuff.

--

www.marxmail.org