[Marxism] RE: [laborstandard_discussion] A comment on Barry Sheppard's "The Party: Volume 1: The Sixties. A political memoir

Fred Feldman ffeldman at bellatlantic.net
Thu Apr 14 20:50:47 MDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: acpollack2 at juno.com [mailto:acpollack2 at juno.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 10:34 PM
To: ffeldman at bellatlantic.net
Subject: Re: [laborstandard_discussion] A comment on Barry Sheppard's
"The Part y: Volume 1: The Sixties. A political memoir

Glad you wrote that letter!
Seems something missing in this paragraph where I put [who?]:

Your book rescues the revolutionary perspective as it came through the
60s more than any other. These are the experiences and lessons that made
me a revolutionary, as the Russian revolution and working-class
opposition to World War I were for Cannon's generation, and as the
battles of the industrial workers were for [who?]. It is what I think of
when I consider myself an "unreconstructed 1960s revolutionary."

Fred replies:
Good catch, Andy.

The passage should have read:

Your book rescues the revolutionary perspective as it came through the
60s more than any other. These are the experiences and lessons that made
me a revolutionary, as the Russian revolution and working-class
opposition to World War I were for Cannon's generation, and as the
battles of the industrial workers in the 1930s and 40s were for the
generation of Dobbs and Kerry. It is what I think of when I consider
myself an "unreconstructed 1960s revolutionary."