[Marxism] John Brown, abolitionist

kersplebedeb info at kersplebedeb.com
Sun Apr 17 09:32:19 MDT 2005

This strikes me as unfair - within the entire review there are a total
of two paragraphs critical of Brown - and even then they are clearly
sympathetically critical. I read no charge of Brown being excessively
violent, rather i read Ehrenreich agreeing with Reynolds argument that
Brown's violence was emasures, selective, and justified.
Were you reading the same review i was?
Indeed, I find Brown being put in the same company as Nader by yourself
to be more demeaning than anything Ehrenreich had to say about him!