[Marxism] Re: Does the Resistance Target Civilians? Accordingto USIntel, Not Really [comments/criticisms appreciated]

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sun Apr 17 20:11:13 MDT 2005

>The French resistance killed 4 times as many French civilians as it
>killed Germans. Back in the mid-60s Bernard Fall (reporting from
>Vietnam) mentioned this in one of his New Republic articles.
>
>Carrol

I blogged an essay on casualties of colonial wars, highlighting
Junaid's wonderful article and additional points that Joaquin and I
offered:
<http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/04/casualties-of-colonial-wars-kenya-and.html>.
I wanted to incorporate your excellent point about the French
resistance killing more French civilians than German Nazis, too, but
I haven't been able to track down the Bernard Fall article that you
mentioned yet.
--
Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/>