[Marxism] Re: Jose Pertierra: "The United States of Miami"

Brian Shannon Brian_Shannon at verizon.net
Sun Apr 24 10:03:02 MDT 2005

I picture Michael Moore filming one of the poets named in Pertierra's
article and asking whether his or her poetic imagination included
blowing up a civilian airplane.

Next, of course, he would attempt to interview Bosch or Posada Carriles
and ask them to read a work by the poet interviewed or whether poets
who weren't terrorists should be allowed to come into the United
States.

Finally, he would interview the Democratic Party politicians who agree
with the exclusion of Cuban artists or whose views we don't yet
know--perhaps potential DP candidates for president in 2008 such as
Hillary Clinton or Joseph Biden.

Brian Shannon