[Marxism] UFPJ/ANSWER an outside perspective

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 3 14:45:54 MDT 2005

brad janzen wrote:

"I am, by the way, and this is in no way to be
interpreted as a comment against anyone on this list,
but I would be quite interested to know what studious
activists may discover 10 or 20 years from now when
documents are declassified about the Bush
adminstration's efforts to sow divisions in the
anti-war movement....."

It may not be a comment against anyone on this list, but it's slander
against either ANSWER and TONC (with the suggestion that they are
infiltrated with agents who have caused them to include pro-Palestinian
slogans) or UfPJ (infiltrated by government agents urging them to resist
pro-Palestinian slogans).

It is, in my opinion, completely off-base (as well as slanderous) to suggest
government involvement in this division, rather than to recognize the
different forces and orientations and strategies which influence each group.
That doesn't mean that government agents DON'T work against the progressive
movement in countless ways, and haven't done serious damage over the years;
that's an established fact. But in THIS CASE, the suggestion is
preposterous.

Eli Stephens
  Left I on the News
  http://lefti.blogspot.com