[Marxism] A View Of Iraq From A Soldier

rrubinelli rrubinelli at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 5 06:01:51 MDT 2005

I can think of several things worse than  "worse for a soldier who is
risking his life to protect his
countrymen than to realize that his leaders have betrayed him ," first
of which is being a resident of a country subjected to 12 years of
economic strangulation, missile and bomb attacks on cities, destruction
of the health care and educational systems,  collapse of basic utilities
like electricity and clean water,  and occupation and torture by those
soldiers now feeling betrayed.

I think this sympathy for soldiers dismayed by the cynicism of the
system they serve is a little bit overdone.

rr